Transforming Healthcare in Eastern Connecticut
There is exciting momentum as Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) takes major steps to improve the delivery of healthcare in our region. These purposeful changes improve our ability to care for you, your neighbors, loved ones and friends in a nimble and responsive way, to ensure high-quality care is accessible to all and to stay ahead of increasingly complex healthcare challenges. We’re also strengthening our team, rewarding and investing in our amazing caregivers—recognizing that our nurses, physicians and supporting staff members are the key to delivering on our promises to you.
Below are some of the important and transformative activities underway at Manchester Memorial Hospital (MMH) and Rockville General Hospital (RGH):
- Solidifying ECHN’s role as the region’s leading behavioral health provider for adult, geriatric, young adult, and adolescent psychiatric care. These services will be complimented by a new and expanded “dual diagnosis” focus which provides care for those suffering from the combination of substance abuse and behavioral health issues. ECHN will expand care through both inpatient and outpatient services. This need was identified in our recent Community Health Needs Assessment survey.
- Serving as a “Network of Distinction,” as identified by the State of Connecticut and Signify Health, for providing high-quality outcomes and high-value care. Connecticut state employees are encouraged/incentivized to use MMH or RGH for seven specific procedures including maternity care, breast biopsy, hysterectomy and more. As one of only five hospitals in the state to receive this honor, this designation underscores ECHN’s delivery of top-quality care at a reasonable cost.
- Radiologists provide enhanced diagnostic and interventional radiology services. ECHN has invested in state-of-the-art equipment supporting low-dose screening and procedures as well as new 3D mammography, MRI and CT scan equipment. The technology allows us to offer new diagnostic and interventional tests and procedures such as cardiac functionality, calcium scoring, virtual colonoscopies and 3D viewing. We offer also unlimited sub-specialty real-time reading of our imaging studies with access to radiologists 24/7 for our medical staff providers.
- Supplementing our local cancer care with the same oncology doctors and equipment that serve larger health systems throughout Connecticut. ECHN understands that patients want their cancer care closer to home in their own community without compromising quality. ECHN provides navigation services including social work, oncology nursing support, caregiver support, survivorship care plans, support groups and screening and prevention education. We also provide a survivorship cancer navigator navigation services and support before, during and after cancer treatment is complete.
- Seeking approval from the State of Connecticut’s Department of Public Health Strategy to consolidate the MMH and RGH hospital licenses to streamline administrative processes and improve patient satisfaction.
- Introducing new “house call” healthcare services in partnership with Dispatch Health, designed to limit trips to urgent care or the emergency department. This collaboration’s goal is to increase access to care, 7 days a week, with most home visits taking place by appointment in under 2 hours. Dispatch Health works directly with your ECHN primary care doctors to ensure a seamless transition of care.
- Adding new medical and surgical specialists in orthopedic upper extremity (hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder) surgery, geriatric care and primary care.
This is the first of an informational series designed to keep you informed of our future-focused momentum. Look for more updates in the weeks to come. All of us at ECHN take great pride in being your community hospital, and we understand the tremendous responsibility of improving the health and well-being of the people who live and work here. We are transforming healthcare for all of you.